All products purchased through Kaoses carries the full manufacturer's warranty. For the warranty period of each individual products, please contact our service department. Return postage cost is the buyers responsibility to the service department, for all valid warranty claims the return postage of the item to the customer will be covered.
Some products provide a local or direct manufacturer to customer
warranty service. These products include printers, scanners, UPS and
monitors and many other retail products. It is the customer choice to
either use these services or return the product back to Kaoses. We
strongly encourage usage of these services as it generally provides
faster turnaround times and may sometimes be an onsite service where the
service is performed at the customer’s premises. Please read the
manufacturer’s warranty terms and conditions for the specific details.
Warranty is provided solely on products sold by Kaoses. Other faulty products used in conjunction that are not purchased from Kaoses will not be covered under warranty.
Any product sold by Kaoses is meant to be professionally installed; improper installation is NOT covered under warranty. Please seek or pay for a professional assistance if required, to avoid paying any unnecessary cost for replacement.
Dead on Arrival (DOA) Products
Products that are purchased within 14 days of the invoice and are deemed faulty by our technician is classified as a DOA. All products that are found to be DOA are to be replaced with brand new stock if available. To qualify for a DOA return, the goods must be returned in its original packaging with all the accessories.
Faulty products that do not qualify for DOA returns are processed as warranty returns. Warranty goods returned to Kaoses will be tested by our technician and if found faulty will be returned to the manufacture for a replacement. If a returned product is found to be not faulty, a service charge of $55 may be charged for our time in testing the equipment and any return postage costs. It is the user's responsibility to troubleshoot any components that is purchased individually. Kaoses will not troubleshoot the complete system unless it was originally assembled by our technical staff. All products sold comes with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for the compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
System Warranty Returns
Computer systems built by Kaoses carries a 1 years Return-to-Base parts and labour warranty. This includes the System Unit (case + contents) and other peripherals.
What's not covered under standard Manufacturer Warranty:
- Physical Damage to the product (Includes bent Motherboard pins)
- Damage caused by external source such as power surge
- Incorrectly configured software not installed by our technical staff
- Incorrectly configured BIOS settings
- Incorrectly configured hardware drivers not installed by our technical staff
- Software application Errors
- Problem caused due to Virus or spyware
- Operating System problems not caused by hardware failure
Please note to backup all data before returning your computer for service. Kaoses can provide data backup service on your request with an applicable service charge. All data backup from original media will be performed carefully, however Kaoses will not be held responsible for any loss of data due to unforeseen circumstances.
Return of products for non-technical reasons
For non-faulty returns you can return a product for full refund or credit without incurring a restocking fee, if ALL of the following conditions are met:
- The product has not been opened
- The product is not a special order product (Product is not “order only” status and is stocked by Scorptec)
- The product is not in large quantity
- The product value is less than $1,000
- The product is returned within 5 business days of purchase
All non-faulty returns will be at Kaoses discretion and if accepted will attract a restocking fee which is fixed at price paid or current market value less 20%.
Returns of products that have been dropped/damaged/modified/tampered/manufacturer labels removed will not be accepted. Goods that have already been opened are subject to our testing and approval and may require additional time to process. Returns of software or games will not be accepted unless it’s for a warranty claim.
Warranty cover will not apply to:
1. Any product that has not been installed in accordance with the installation instruction supplied by the equipment manufacturer or damaged due to incorrect installation.
2. Any product that is repaired or altered by anyone other than authorised Kaoses service personnel where a product disassembled or repaired in such a manner that performance or functionality is affected.
3. Any product that fails or is damaged as a result of improper storage, operation under abnormal conditions misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, act of God or maladjustment of consumer controls. Short circuiting the equipment will be considered misuse and will cause the product not to be covered by the warranty.
4. Accessories and consumable goods such as keyboard, mouse and joystick if they are a result of heavy use, or shows sign of normal wear and tear.
5. Any defect or damage caused by or resulting from the connection or attachment to the product that has not been approved by the manufacturer for connection or attachment to the product.
6. Defects or damage due to spills of liquid or other substances (water damage, dust, cigarette), excessive temperature or humidity and environmental conditions.
7. Aesthetic or surface damage or scratches to all plastic surfaces and other external parts damaged due to normal customer use.
8. Any cost of hardware or software removal or reinstallation. Removal of parts from a system if it’s not bought as a system will attract labour charge.
9. Any product or part thereof which has suffered through alteration or defacement of the serial number or warranty seals as such where an unauthorised service personnel opening the product without permission from Scorpion Technology.